According to the 2019 household index in Australia, more individuals are willing to operate a floor cleaning machine in their property. However, there are still proprietors out there who don’t know how to use or care for such a device. That’s why the Ultimate Epoxy Floors team is here to lend a hand with all the unknown and untold stuff about it!
Here, we have a step-by-step user guide to let you know how to use a scrubber or buffer. Plus, we will give some tips on how to care for it at the end of the article. So, read on sooner than starting your floor cleaning procedures!
Note: a single-disc machine can spin 175-300 rounds per minute. So, it’s kind of heavy machinery and needs to be used carefully. Do NOT get underway of using it if you have no experience handling such tools.
What Floor Cleaning Operations Does a Buffer Support?
With the appropriate type of pad, you will employ a scrubber for many different functions. The following is a list of several actions this device supports. Although we usually utilize this device to clean up a commercial kitchen flooring, warehouse Epoxy flooring, and/or food industry epoxy flooring, there are some residential usages you could benefit from:
- Spray buffing
- Top scrubbing
- Carpet shampooing
- Bonnet cleaning
- Floor stripping
- Griding while cleaning the garage floor before Epoxy
6-Step Floor Cleaning Machine User Guide
Now, here are the instructions to help you get your heads around the topic and start using this machine properly for now on. Make sure to follow the steps below precisely and try not to skip any of them.
- Mopping: the first thing you must do is to inspect the ground to see if it’s dust and damp mopped or not. If it’s not, use a long-handled broom and clear out the area thoroughly.
- Plugging in: at this stage the base is ready and you can plug in the cord into the nearest outlet. However, keep in mind that the outlet should be close enough to give a full range but not too close to interfere with the procedure.
- Centering the pad: lay down the device in a way that the underside is easily accessible. Now, center the pad on the pad driver and reattach it to the machine by twisting it counter clockwise. (the weight of the device will keep the pad in its current position).
- Positioning the handle: place the buffer back into the upright position and loosen the handle using the mechanism right beneath the trigger. Now, center the bring the grip into line with your hips. Finally, tighten the grip when it feels like the weight is equally distributed.
- Kicking it off: when you are ready, release the safety mechanism and hold the trigger to run the device.
- Controlling its movement: bear in mind that it’s not like a mower machine with moving wheels in any directions. So, you can’t expect to control it in any way you desire. The only proper method to create side-to-side movement is using the grip. In fact, rising the handle will cause the machine to go right and lowering it will do the opposite. Plus, for back and forth motion, you should gently step forward and backward.
4 Tips On How To Maintain A Buffer
- Always wipe down the scrubber after you’re done using it. Use a soft piece of cloth to get rid of any contaminator left on the device before storing it.
- Clean the cord and wrap it around the handle in a way that causes no breakage in the future.
- You must store the device horizontally when the pad driver is still attached to it. Otherwise, the machine will face malfunction in the future. If you insist to store it vertically, just make sure to remove the pad driver before doing so.
Related Articles :
Our team is ready 24/7 to answer your questions and lend a helping hand with all sorts of Epoxy-related problems. So, feel free to contact us right away in case you’re experiencing some concerns over your garage ground.